Thursday, June 23, 2011

Tea Lover

I love tea. Love love love love love. It's the perfect drink first thing in the morning, the middle of day, right after a meal and just before bed. Winter, spring, summer & fall. Any season. Any day.

Today I'd like to share my favourite teas. As a rule, I don't drink black teas or any teas that need added milk or sweetness. My faves are flavoured green & white.

Winners is a great place to find really interesting green & white teas. One of my favourite jasmine green teas I buy there. It's probably one of the best jasmine greens I've ever had. But the ultimate place for tea is Teaopia. Now I can order fresh loose leaf tea online & have it delivered to my door 2 days later. 

Here are my faves... (photos & descriptions courteous of Teaopia.ca)




Garden of Eden is a combination of white tea, rose flower blossoms, red rose buds, marigold flower blossoms, lemongrass, and apple pieces.
Hello lover!
 






Princess Earl Grey brings the awesome flavour of earl grey to white tea so there's no need to drink it black! Yay! It's a combination of white tea, red rose buds, and the natural aroma of bergamot. Not only does it taste fabulous but it looks beautiful in a jar.



 

Jasmine Pearls are hand rolled green tea leaves and jasmine petals, which can also be referred to as dragon eyes. Personally I think it's just a fancy, more expensive jasmine green.




 

 
Jasmine Superior is made by using fresh jasmine petals in a process where green tea leaves are layered with jasmine petals. The jasmine flavour settles around the leaf during the process of drying... ooh ooh fancy.






Pomegranate Green tea is a combination of sencha, cranberries and pomegranate flowers. It is fabulous and not too fruity. Mmmmmm.








If anyone would like to enlighten me with new & amazing varieties of their fave tea... please do!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My favorite is called cannabis sativa. It is best dry brewed. I prefer to brew it in a vaporizer. Like you I like it morning noon and night.
BORING!!!!!

Clive