Thursday, September 16, 2010

hey suburbia


Another day, another dollar. My barely 4-day work week has come to a close and i'm ready for a 5 day break. You may hate me... and that's okay. 

So I've been at this for like 24 hours now... and I guess now's as good a time as any to invite you into my mayhem... & intorduce you to my monsters. I'm a full time mother of 2.. and while working hard at that I manage to squeeze in 4 work days a week... practice yoga at least 4 and a half hours a week... run after my husband & our dogs & try not to kill the hermit crab. I clean the house... the garage... the yard... and the children. 

Oh yes the children... 






This is Juliet. She is 3 & fabulous... & she will tell you that herself. She is not a princess, she is Juliet. She will tell you that too. In April of 2009 she was diagnosed with juvenile diabetes. All the while still a normal little girl she now has "blood sugar" and there are foods that make her "blood sugar bad".
 



 
This is Sam. He is 5 and he "doesn't have blood sugar". In fact.. he "doesn't even have blood". So as far as he's concerned, he "can have gum". He has also killed a witch with his father's chainsaw. One of his classmates told me that today. Aparently this is how you build a reputation when you are 5. 









So here is the circus we've picked up along the way....
This is our pitbull Dallas, although he is more like a rabbit stuck in a pitbull's body. He only understands french and for some reason it always amazes people that our dog "speaks french".







































































This is Enzo the chinese crested mutt...I believe the picture says it all...































































Let's not forget Sponge Bob Square Pants (he came with the name). My best friend & her husband unloaded him on us last weekend. I put him into his bowl and he ran laps for an hour or so. Here he is exploring his seaweed. He threw a rock the same size as his shell AND his calcium into the water bowl. Now he's back to normal and hasn't moved in 3 days.


We live in suburban small city Ontario... and if you would have told me 3 years ago that I'd think that's fabulous I'd have kicked you in the jeans. It is. Fabulous. And what's even better... my backyard is so private i could even go naked...

No comments: