Monday, February 28, 2011

Colombia Bound!

So here I am... sitting in a 24hr Subway at the Dorval airport. Its almost 1 AM. Only 5.5 hours til my flight takes off... Colombia, here I come.

I hopped in the 10 o'clock train in Brockvegas headed for here, Dorval. Watched a grotesque movie on the train that i've been holding onto for a while now... Train. When would there ever be a more appropriate time to watch it?? It was like watching a movie with seats that move along with it. Two hours later I got off the train and onto a shuttle to the airport. Et voila! Trying to kill time...

So I spent the day with the fam... lounging. Tonight before I left home I gave the kids the awesomest bath with this stuff called H2Goo. SO COOL! This stuff turns your bath into beads of gel!! And it feels sooo cool and is even supposed to cleanse your skin. It was so cool I'd like to get some more and try it myself.  The I put the kids to bed & we read Twas The Night Before Christmas (Sam's choice). But before that I explained to them that I was leaving for Colombia after they went to bed... something they already knew but were quite surprised that the time was now. Sam was concerned that he wasn't going to be able to give me kisses when he wanted to while I was away so he insisted I give him no less than 10 tonight. Juliet asked for 5 and was happy to know we could give kisses on the computer via skype (thank goodness for skype!). It was that easy. I just hope that the next 10 days go as well for the kids as the goodbyes did and as smoothly as my voyage has been so far... I miss them already :o(


This isn't the first time I have left the kids. I've spent many a weekend with my girlfriends. But this is the LONGEST and FARTHEST i've gone so i definitely feels different. Although I am very excited to arrive in Colombia and spend some time with myself & my mom... we're going to have a blast. First I fly into NYC and then to Miami. Only 19 more hours until I arrive in Bogota. That is a lot of hours. I'd better go find an outlet to plug my laptop into so I can re-juice it enough to keep up...

2 comments:

Holly said...

So what's this trip about? Just for fun? Wishing you a great time! Xx.

sbsterling said...

Damn, now I miss you too...