Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Baltimore for the weekend...

So we went for our annual 'visite' to the Sterlings the weekend before last...Ya so i'm slow to post... but hey, it's winter. I've been decking the halls. The visit was lovely as always. I don't really know what possessed us to think that our children would actually sleep in the same room... Two 3 year old girls in a bed together with dolls & a strawberry shortcake action figure = no sleep 'til midnight. Poor Sam had to sleep on the floor amidst the madness of girls & dolls. Lucky for him he slept through it all. Oh and did I mention there was no sleeping in?? Ya... asleep late & up early made for some interesting afternoons.

  
Needless to say we had a blast. Got back to 2 of my favourite stores... Red Tree & another one of which I can't remember the name. Picked up some stocking stuffers & these awesome vintage style ornaments.


 
On Saturday we hopped on the train and headed into DC to the Smithsonian.. or to the dinosaur bones as the kids would tell you. It was awesome. What a great museum. They've got everything there... dinosaur bones.. animal skeletons.. all sorts of gems.. insects.. butterflies... and a whole journey under the sea including an entire coral reef all done in crochet. They also have a fantastic over-priced cafeteria where I undulged in the most amazing tomato mozarella sammy ever. Kids has fun... adults had fun or did a good job faking it. Here are some photos form the day... brace yourself there are lots.



















2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Come back! Chase is already counting down the days until Juliet's birthday. Oh, and I went to Toys R Us and bought a Strawberry shortcake that's almost but not exactly the same and Ben looked at me and was like why didn't you just go buy a happy meal? Sigh. I never claimed to be smart. I think I will just go buy a happy meal in the end. Did I ever tell you how much I love standing in the customer service line?

Holly said...

Love the pics (as usual)! The ornaments are really nice. Makes me sad I don't have a tree to decorate. Can't get enough of what a cute family you have =)